Sunday, April 23, 2006

Eh, wie geil-geil-geil!!


You know the sad story...
I know you know it because, despite all your pleadingly upraised hands I told it about a hundred times...
How I wanted a guitar when I was six and my parents got me a flute instead, thus blowing my rock goddess ambitions before they ever popped into existance. Just like the time my mother bought me the ALDI version of a cheap coffee liqueur that tasted downright hidious for my 16. birthday when what I really had humbly asked for was a bottle of Bayley's. Well ... I'm drifting off.

Anyways, years later I got to learn the piano which is fine but which definitely lackst the headbanging potential.
And I never got to learn how to play the guitar, for totally the wrong reasons. (Leaving my ambitions behind for the fact that the size of my hands and the stretchability of my fingers won't allow for anything bigger than an Okululelelelele would somehow been alright in comparison to just burying and forgetting the affair.)
But the story has a classical happy end, used by people throughout time and space:
LIVE THROUGH YOUR CHILDREN.

Now this plan has the tiny teensy weensy but all too obvious flaw that ... I don't have any. Kids that is. What I do have is a little sister, whose diapers I changed about hundredfold more often than our father did (so she practically counts as my own) and who is not only smart and pretty and pretty much rock'n'roll, but who will also in a few weeks be taught how to make 'em strings dance.

Eh, wie geil. Geil, geil, geil!
Go Kathi! Go Kathi! Go Kathi!

All we have to do is wait till after Uncle Albrecht's birthday, when my dad will introduce Claudia (yes, Ladies and Gents, my sister wouldn't be my sister if the guitar didn't already have a name) into the world of the living by playing my great uncle some terrific tune. Or was the word horrific ... my father doesn't play the guitar...he plays the biggest flute I've ever seen and the piano a bit ... Hold the phone,... I think I can see a pattern here!
So, while I am taking this last bit of information to my therapist, please send all useful guitar and rock'n'roll tips to my email adress and I will be sure to forward them to the new star in punk heaven!

Elvis has left the building!

3 comments:

psychorach said...

so yer sister is getting a guitar?.. lady, you're starting to bubble as much as I do... I'm a bad influence... get the hell away from me!... go to the apple-struddel-chick instead

scotspotter said...

No weeey, Joseeee!
And moreover, I'm not "bubbling", I'm letting the world know about important events in my and my loved ones' life, thankyouverymuch...;)
...
Ok, I AM bubbling. But I like it.

psychorach said...

and I like cheese and I can not lie!!!