Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Die Revue passiert

Oh, Man,
this last week flew by so quickly. I had just stopped minding having to put up with no more than 40 cm of mattress space, and now -WHAM!- I'm alone again. Well, not quite; telly's in the kitchen, the laptop is here and Katie Melua is singing something strange about blue shoes (?).
My nose is red, so are my eyes, I can't breathe properly and I have a V-shaped bit of inflamed skin just between my nostrils. I already used tons of tissues and, quite honestly, I will be running out of them this very evening but I don't see me walking up all the 200 yards to LIDL to get more of them in time like.
I feel miserable. And I've got a cold, too. But also I miss the sonoric voice of Jo ... telling me to switch off the TV and wash the dishes. Also he took my last package of tissues. Or did I take his...??? Dunno.
We did a lot of nice things during this past week, some of which are none of your bloody business, but some others of which I'd love to share with you.

Unfortunately, our little trip to the Highlands didn't happen due to certain circumstances, but I still managed to take the Man to Loch Lomond ("You take the high road and I take the low road and I'll be in Scotland afooooore ye..."eherm. Sorry.)
We found
a castle (with lavatory)
whisky coloured water
picnic benches
a rope attached to a tree
the snow covered Highlands in the distanceaaahwhataview
all kinds of fat water birds

Armed with our cameras the value of a small car as we were, we took tons of pictures. For most of them you'll have to harass Jo, but these are Matilda's words as to what Loch Lomond is like:

(If you click on the pic, you can actually see things.)

On our way we stopped in Glasgow to chase a hat (by the way: I found mine, baby, it was in my desk thingy the whole time!), the results of which can be seen on photos that Jo took, and we didn't actually meet Jamie that day, but this is what HE looks like:



We also went to Craigmillar Castle, but it was closed. And, oh, by the way, I am now an official Friend of Historic Scotland!!, which means that I have free admission to sites like Edinburgh Caslte, Craigmillar Castle, Urquahuahard Caslte on the shore of Loch Ness, a bunch of standing stones on some island or other and loads of other things, because I am a ... (Trommelwirbel, bitte) ... MEMBER!! I am currently waiting for the sticker and the badge.
One other major attraction was Asda at the Jewel, where you can buy things, and a couple of "Accessorize"s, "Next"s, "Topshop"s and the like, where you absolutely can't.

And tomorrow...
it's back to school, where I will blow me nose some more.
Goodnight.

8 comments:

SchnautzeJunge said...

Ja, so war das damals... DU hast MEINE lezte Packung Taschentücer behalten.
Und wo war die verdammte Mütze? Im Desk-Thingy?

Du fehlst mir

jO

P.S.: Warum geht es die Leute nichts an, daß wir zum Botanischen Garten gelaufen sind, der aber schon zu hatte?

scotspotter said...

1. Dankeschoen fuer die Taschentuechis.
2. In dem Regalteil von meinem Schreibtisch (und by the way sie steht mir AUSGEZEICHNET).
3. Du mir auch.
4. Weil es mir peinlich ist, dass ich dich zu lauter Sachen geschleppt habe, die dann unzugaenglich waren.

Anonymous said...

Kleines Rästel: Wer schrieb dies?

Der Junge Mann, der dies Schrieb
Junkie oder auch nicht,
selbst
per
Esel hat er keine Ahnung von
Chemie, ahhhh
Kacke

scotspotter said...

Ich wusste doch, dass sofort jemand Schindluder mit der Option zu anonymen Kommentaren treibt.

psychorach said...

el chapulin colorado!!! ... or actually,el chapulin jamie!!!

psychorach said...

el chapulin colorado!!!.. er..sorry, meant to say el chapulin jamie!!!

animaldelmar said...

schön, jetzt kann ich zu all diesen kommentaren ein antwort schreiben:
1. der botanische garten: ich gehe heute abend auch in einen, da wachsen aber tropische bäume und riesenblumen und es gibt schwarze schwäne. und shakespeare under the stars - twelfth night, der mit wein und picknick geliebt werden will.
2. solche rechtschreibfehler macht normalerweise nur erik schmitt. dann wiederum macht der NIE chemie. deswegen: ich stimme rachel zu.
3. liebe frau fleck junior, das liegt einfach in der familie. ich habe deine schwester schon mit dermassenen flecken und echtem blut am bein gesehen! und alles wegen dem theater.

scotspotter said...

Erstaunlich. Das mit dem Polnisch meine ich. Ansonsten erinnere ich mich an das ein oder andere armumspannende Haemathom (verf... wie schreibt man das bidde) von einem durchgedrehten Schaukelstuhl (that was in a pretty ropy condition) und tiefe Fleischwunden in der Kiesgrube im Grunewald. Ach ja, wo sind nur die guten alten Zeiten hin...?