Friday, August 11, 2006

I need new gimnicks

Now I'm a cyclist, I have come up with a few ideas as to some urgently needed bike accessories. I don't know why nobody has thought of this before, but ... no, I'll start in a different way.

Today I was going to Steglitz on my bike. I was smoothly riding down the cycle path next to Grazer Damm when I saw from a distance that there were people in my way. They were busying themselves with some things they tried to get into or out of their car , which was parked on the side of the road, right next to MY cyclepath. They were deep in conversation, a lot of traffic made a lot of noise as well and there I was, approaching at high speed, ringing my bell somewhat like that: ping! ping!ping!

It then occured to me that I need a new bell. I thought of something along the lines of this:
This, Ladies and Gents, is a Fireship's signal horn. Sure, it would increase the weight of my bike and velocity would diminish, especially uphill, but on the other hand it would not only make people notice me when they're in my way, the mere shockwave of that thing would blow them to next wednesday!

I'm off to the harbour now and then to the patent office!

1 comment:

animaldelmar said...

hallo frau fleggo, der buddy und ich versuchen gerade, british airways zu erreichen, um vermutlich umzubuchen, wegen dem terror in london letzte woche. wir sagen bescheid! tausend kuss, ich