Thursday, October 13, 2005

Schoen wenn Arbeit Fruechte traegt...

und wie kamma nur ne Ueberschrift mit drei Umlauten schreiben, wenn man gar keine hat! But that's beside the point.
It happened on the school corridor this morning just before third period: I was fighting my way through the crowd to the staffbase when all of a sudden somebody yelled "WAS GEHT" in my face. I turned around to see Natallie (die schreibt man wirklich so) and a fat grin sitting in the middle of her face. As I had only just arrived at school and hadn't spoken at all that day to anybody yet, surprise got the better of me and I could only utter a very weak and questionmakrpregnant "einiges??". But it looks as if these kids were finally learning something sensilble. I got the same impression an sixth period, when my beloved (...not!) Advanced Higher Germans at last showed some signs of life when passionately playing hangman! Who cares for german childcare, forget about that strange woman Angela Merkel, but these guys can guess the word "Schwarzwaelder Kirschtorte" anytime!
Did I mention I have a week off next week? This break is more then welcome not only to me. Ian Miller came into the staffbase today muttering "I hate children", Federica looks as if she had been crying all the time and Lorna asked for a strong Gin Tonic for lunchbreak. Anyway, I'm fine. I will be off tomorrow at nine, driving around the countryside, going to Skye, Cape Wrath, Glencoe, Loch Muick (crazy bitch that I am), and lots of other places in this lovely country.
The rain had been heavy for the last couple of days, but this morning the sky had cleared and the sun was shining. Of course, I have to take this as a late welcome present from Caledonia herself. She never let me down, and I knew she wouldn't this time. Weather forecast is full of sun symbols for the weekend. Haaachja. ... I'll send you the pictures.

No comments: